Sunday, July 30, 2006

What a great weekend! (for Wad's benefit, mostly)

Yesterday, Carbs and Nougat came into Boston, and the three of us, accompanied by two dashing young gentlemen (Petrus da Fro-Man and Nougat's friend Dan) spent the afternoon and evening together. We chilled at my house and played a little Katamari Damacy, where the best part is watching a new star float up into the sky and get a name, talked, and then headed out to Harvard where we visited everyone's favorite Proctor and Mrs. Proctor - Nathan and Michelle! It was fun to see them and the cats, hot and sticky as it was outside. We had dinner at Pizzeria Uno's and saw The Two and Only at the A.R.T. (surprise, surprise), which is a vastly entertaining show ("It's a MONKEY JOKE, LADY!"). After watching a band on the street named The Peasants rock out for a little while (the lead guy's vocals were eh, but his guitar solos were pretty good), we dropped Dan off at the T stop and headed back to my house via bus.

On the way to my house, the four of us stopped at Walgreens and picked up some chocolate chip ice cream for dessert and diet root beer for Carbs. Back home we cooled off, talked, and ate our ice cream with a delicious deep-dish chocolate chip cookie we got at Uno's. Sadly, Mr. Fro-Man had to leave eventually and took Nougat for a spin in his pimped out ride while Carbs and I set up the sleeping arrangements. Nougat came back, we all settled in in my living room, and talked long into the night as girls are wont to do.

My cell phone alarm went off at 10:45 and by unanimous vote was reset for 11:30. We had a leisurely morning/afternoon, cooking a full brunch with pancakes, bacon, eggs, and fruit. We played more Katamari per Carbs' request and then realized we had to leave or else Carbs would miss her train. Unfortunately, she still ended up missing her train. Nougat and I visited Wild Goose Chase and talked with Elyssa, who I kind of think of as my Jewish godmother. We then walked around Coolidge Corner and I bought and ate a bagel sandwich. We headed back to my house, picked up Nougat's stuff, and after several delays on the T, Nougat made it on her 6:40 train by the skin of both of our teeth.

When I got on the red line to get back to Park Station, I unfortunately took an outbound train instead of an inbound train (I blame Carbs' story about getting back to Harvard from Columbus Day weekend), but I caught my mistake after two stops and headed back the right way.

Now I'm home and a little sad to be alone, but what a great time we had!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home