Friday, June 23, 2006

Exasperated note to self...

... do not take half a caffeine pill at 10 pm on a weeknight, even if your boyfriend is over and you are super tired and need the energy for undisclosed reasons (watching the Colbert Report, duh!). This just means more caffeine tomorrow, and I didn't get much sleep last night either. Damn addictive sci-fi books. I love books where people have special powers, especially stuff like telepathy and telekinetic ability rather than spellcasting and such. Sometimes I pretend I'm Jean Grey (shhhh).

It is extremely hot in my room - above 80 degrees, I'd say. Unfortunately, since I'm so gosh darn sensitive to all manner of noise and light, I can't sleep with the window open because birds'll wake me up at 6 or so. My parents also yell at me for turning on the a/c. I guess between Harvard, Grace's music, and my stepsister's recent wedding, there are no pennies to spare for central air (ooh there's a nice rhyme).

Wow, Wad, your midwestern thunderstorm adventures/tribulations sound pretty scary. I guess I'd be used to it by now if I lived on the South Shore, but lucky me - I'm pretty high up on a hill in a semi-suburban town with good drainage systems. I look forward to talking to you when you muster up the courage to contact me (I know, I know, I'm terribly intimidating).

I thoroughly agree with Carbs about work shoes. Granted, I don't have to wear heels, nor have I really been given a strict dress code, but I try to dress a little nicer than just tank top/shorts/flip flops. These stupid shoes chafe my delicate soles, rub the skin of small but sensitive areas of my instep, and make my unsupported arches ache. Maybe I will just wear my good ol' Merrills.

I'm traveling to the Cape this weekend with my family to attend the surprise birthday party of a family friend. Apparently I'm expected to sing something. I'm not really looking forward to this trip, especially since it involves spending a significant amount of time in the car with my parents and there's maybe a 60% chance they'll fight about something. However, these particular friends live on a lake that I like to kayak on. Also they have very cute cats. My sister will be there, anyway.

Life would be much smoother if I had a car, money, and there were decent leftovers in the fridge on a daily basis. Kind of makes me wish I were a compsci major like Alex - people will always need (and be willing to pay) compsci majors. There's always the pressure to keep up with new developments, though, I suppose.

My sister graduated from eighth grade this past Monday. I was so proud of her.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello people!
buy viagra
cheap viagra online
G'night

 
At 1:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you do?, you are the best.
Look at my site [url=http://www.jahk.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113]viagra[/url].
See http://www.jahk.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113#viagra best prices.
thanks a lot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home