Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My mind is set on overdrive

This is what my father said to us at dinner, talking about my brother:

"You know why he's like this? Because when your mother was pregnant with him she spent a looot of time painting and the fumes got to him. There's a permanent fuzziness upstairs."

In other news, my first homework assignment is due tomorrow and, as per my usual pattern of behavior, I haven't started yet. I'm not too concerned since I have hours and hours and hours left. I thought coming home would help me sort out my sleeping pattern but I was wrong. I'm right on track with <5 hours of sleep per night. It's nice...there's no one to bug me that late/early. I can read to my heart's content. But, as Frank Sinatra so succinctly said, "In the wee small hours of the morning, that's the time you miss her [him, them] most of all."

And to end on a not-so-emo note, I was listening to the radio in the car today while driving back from Dunkin Donuts and came across a Michael Jackson song. I had a vivid flashback to being very, very young and going into my parents bedroom one evening, taking out the Michael Jackson collection "Past Present and Future," and blasting his music while dancing alone for hours. I completely understand if any/all persons reading this wish to have nothing further to do with me after reading that charming anecdote. Time to haul ass and dry dishes, aka hide in my room pretending to be deaf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home