Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I want a love, love that won't hit back. Want sex, sex without a catch.

So I know we all laughed at the "beached whale" incident that our dearest little Peanut told us about, but today I was thinking about it. It would be truly horrible to be a beached whale, foundering on the sand with home and salvation so close but so utterly unattainable. And what if the whale technically has the strength to get itself back into the water, but lacks the physical capabilities to actually do it - it could save itself if it only knew how. That's sort of tragic. And I think death by beaching is a lot slower and more painful for a whale than death by drowning is for a human. Mull that one over. Ew this is morbid and depressing.

Why is falling in love always associated with springtime? There are all those stupid cliches...new lovers strolling along on new shoots of grass, the warm air filled with the aroma of fresh pink blossoms, new new something new something else novelty blah yadda etc. What's all that about? Why not FALL in love in the FALL? Autumn is a lovely season. And there's that nice contrast of love growing as the world is dying. Or slumbering. Whichever works for you. I'm biased, of course. Autumn is quite possibly my favorite season. Spring comes a close second. I guess people don't choose when to fall in love, but I wonder why it is that Spring is so widely-considered the season for it. Oh, mysteries.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM , Blogger C.K. said...

Spring is when flowers have sex, so then people were like, "hey, we need to get in on that action."

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I promise to not ever date Ryan. But I like that about him. If I could choose when to fall in love, autumn is definitely the season I'd pick.

Also, I feel like if flowers are having sex in the spring, maybe people should have sex in their own season. And that season should be autumn. Oh, and winter. Because then you just have to keep each other warm somehow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home