I can tell you my love for you will still be strong after the boys of summer have gone
Today officially being Tuesday, yesterday I had to wake up at the unholy hour of 7 am. (I know, ew). Actually, I fell back to sleep till 7:30, but since I went to sleep after 3, that extra half hour didn't do me much good. Anywho, the entire Medina clan (also known as the Von Trapp family singers) put on our Ned Lamont t-shirts and headed out to Newton for a parade. After an interminable hike (up a hill no less!) we finally got to the start of the parade and stood around waiting for a long time. There was an awful, awful woman there who came up to us and started telling us what to do, how to behave, et cetera. We were all like, "Um. Excuse us, but we're the Medinas. We conduct our own campaigns; we don't need you to tell us what to do IN A PARADE." Except instead of saying that we just looked at her until she backed off. And, not that this has anything to do with anything, but her suit was truly heinous. Two words: shoulder pads. I will say no more. Anyway, got to chat it up with Ned Lamont for a minute and then we marched in the parade, yadda yadda yadda. Some of the people along the sidelines were really rude and loudly voiced their support for Joe Lieberman, but that's the kind of thing one expects. Besides, Ned Lamont had a significantly larger showing than the Lieberman camp, so whatev. After the parade we came home, I showered and ate, and then napped. Then I woke up, the grandparents came over, I ate more, watched Lean On Me (good movie) and then I dozed on the sofa for a while. And then I watched Meet Joe Black (not a great movie, but with some good moments) and now I'm watching Frasier.
PS: Has everyone heard about Steve Irwin, aka the Crocodile Hunter? He died after being stung in the chest by a stingray. :(


2 Comments:
i've never met a should pad i liked.
I can't belive the crocodile hunter's dead! Alex found an article on it online yesterday and the guys here all laughed, saying it was kind of sad because you'd expect him to be done in by a crocodile. I said it was a better ending for him than, say, breaking his neck by falling off a ladder.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home