Big Papi does it again!
So I just got back from a truly epic Red Sox game - the first game I've ever gone to, incidentally - we were down 4-2 against the Texas Rangers in the bottom of the 9th when designated hitter David Ortiz ("Big Papi") comes up to bat with two outs and two runners on base. The count is 2 balls, 2 strikes - Ortiz fouls a ball off the tip of his bat, then hits a bona-fide home run and the crowd, which was already on its feet, goes CRAZY! The rest of the Sox storm the field accompanied by cameramen and jump and huddle around Ortiz and the other runners (Trot Nixon and Loretta, I think?) and Alex and I are in the grandstand in left field cheering our heads off to triumphant background music: "Love that dirty water / Boston, you're my home."
What heroicism! What suspense! What humanity!
Ah, baseball.


2 Comments:
the red sox suck, whatev.
baseball doesn't suck. my boys will play baseball and fulfill the little league dreams that my mother dashed in me. and they're going to like it. not that this will be about me.
they'll also play soccer because, let's face it, soccer boys are hot and i need to have good-looking children.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home