Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
Here are two funny anecdotes about my city, the lovely Bridgeport (known fondly to inhabitants as da Port)...
1. About six months after our illustrious mayor, Joe Ganim, was sent to jail, a man paid off a politician (sum of $8000) for a contract in connection to the new school being built. Apparently the sum was to be paid in installments, the last one being $4000, which was sent FedEx to the politician. Unfortunately, the sketchy character was also a stupid one and wrote the address incorrectly. Because of this, the package was never delivered and sat around for a while before FedEx opened it. Seeing the money inside, they called the FBI. It was short work after that.
2. Recently someone decided there weren't enough inns/hotels/motels in Bridgeport, so a new one was being built next to the Home Depot. First of all, this is hardly a great spot for a hotel. Secondly, they named it "Sunny Side Inn" which is possibly one of the stupidest names for an inn that you could think of. And to crown it all off, you rent rooms by the hour. I think further explanation about this inn is unnecessary, I would just like to leave the reader with one final thought. Why would one rent rooms by the hour? I can think of two reasons: prostitution and drug deals.
Home sweet home. I miss Cambridge and Straus D :(


1 Comments:
I wish there was a hotel nearby that rented rooms by the hour :-P.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home