Thursday, June 29, 2006

"Or I'll be left alone forever with my magazines"

I like the song lyric titles. It's because I'm still 14.

Thursdays are the last day of my work week and consistently the least productive. I have legitimate reasons for being on Google during work, for reading articles on the NY Times, the Village Voice, New York Magazine, Mother Jones (which is so good!), Christian Singles Online...Yep, that's when I started to deviate. Actually, the Christian right is kinda fascinating. At first I thought it was interesting the way, you know, a train wreck is. But it has all these little nuances, what a movement! It's like culture shock delivered through the internet.

But anyway, the point is I know an awfully lot about an awfully lot. Immigration, the anti-contraception movement (wtf?) and...Nope, pretty much just those two things. They're all anyone wants to talk about. I also know a lot about the energy market in New York State and the buying and selling of political power by energy companies. But mostly condemns, that's where I really shine.

Karl Rove looks like a pencil.

When I was in kindergarten, there was this boy with a very long neck who I and my parents called "pencil neck." I can't remember if I or they came up with the name...Yep, that's when my childhood started to deviate.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

and i'll leave the door open all night
if you decide you wanna stop on by
'cause you gotta know
who's been singing that song on the radio
the one that goes

my friends all call me crazy
'cause i stay up late
anticipating
and planning for the day i sweep you
off your feet, i'd never leave you alone


girl, come to me
the only broken-hearted loser you'll ever need

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Wang said...

Immigration? Anti-contraception?

Elaborate!

Post links!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home