Monday, May 29, 2006

Sick. And wrong.

We all felt it - that heady rush of freedom as we handed in our final exams. We all experienced that slightly breathless, almost paralyzing joy when we contemplated the three and a half months of freedom that awaited us. No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks. I knew I'd miss a lot about life on campus (though not the food at Annenberg) but I was genuinely looking forward to the summertime.

And then it hit. Straight out of left field, no one saw it coming. There were gasps, looks of incredulity, nervous laughs. Picture this: a family of six sits down to dinner one evening, enjoying the food, enjoying the company, and so on and so forth. The patriarch then decides the joy must end and announces to his flummoxed children that he'll be giving them summer assignments. This is no joke.

Basically we'll be getting different writing assignments throughout the summer, which will get longer and more complex as the summer goes on. Then we'll rewrite them.

As Jean Grey said to Wolverine after waking up from her coma...
"Kill me."

4 Comments:

At 3:52 PM , Blogger Jill said...

I love you!
::plunges claw into chest cavity::

Let's not end up like that, eh?

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Agreed. Let's not.

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger C.K. said...

I want to tell you about my "Jean Grey Represents the Roles of Women in Modern Society" theory sometime.

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Wang said...

how bout my "Jean Grey is a hot piece of ass" theory, or also known as the "Famke Janssen is welcome under my covers" conjecture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home