Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hello from the University of Maryland at College Park!

Here I am in my Mather lowrise-sized single in Leonardtown Community at UMD College Park. I got here this morning around 9am, which seems like an incredibly long time ago because I then promptly napped for a while. I'm alone in here right now but I believe this is a six-person suite of two singles and two doubles. I go into the lab tomorrow at 9:30 am, and it looks like the walk will be similar to that of Mather to the Yard, except more dangerous since Route 1 is a lot busier and wider than Mass Ave. I've met a couple of the other girls in the suite and they seem like nice people - I think they're doing linguistics lab stuff too, which is pretty neat (more people like me omg!). I need to go food/supplies shopping this afternoon, although the kitchen seems pretty stocked and I think everyone's willing to share. Oh, and thank god for central a/c because this place is hot and humid every day.

Last night was pretty interesting. Reuben picked me up from the airport around 6 and said we were going to a "leather and lace"-themed party that night. "Party" was a bit of a stretch, since it only turned out to be like 8 people, but it was still kinda fun/weird. We went to this guy's house ... it was pretty run down and seedy, but there were some foamy mats on the floor and a tv and a kitchen, so it was fine for the purposes. Reuben brought his hookah and there was also the obligatory alky-hol and also lots of cigarette smoking ... and we just sat around, mostly. Reuben and I crashed there and they had the a/c turned up SO HIGH and it was freaking freezing cold. I wore my black/white/pink plaid skirt with the black lace-ups since it was the skankiest thing I packed (my bad).

I just met two of the roomies - Jamila and Sally. I apparently really scared the crap out of Jamila when I moved in this morning because this room has been empty for 5 weeks and they weren't warned I was moving in. Whooooops.

Z and I recently have been having a bunch of weird and traumatic dreams involving A. His dreams are all realistic and somewhat dull, mine are all completely unrealistic and pretty bizarre. That's just our dream styles, I guess. I hope these particular dreams stop soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home