Happy early birthday to meeeeeee
Z: "Are you blogging from my lair?"
me: "Yeah, is there something wrong with that?"
Z: "Only that it interferes with my Star Trek watching."
Dork.
We just had dinner at Mr. Sushi (for my birthday), and the food was excellent as usual while the service was unfortunately sub-par. I had strawberry mochi ice cream for dessert! I <3 mochi ice cream.
Today this guy came into the store and I instantly recognized him as my old art teacher from like 2nd-4th grade. He was kinda kooky (still is, I guess) and when I told him that the one thing I remembered from his classes was this time we drew ginseng roots and tried to make them look like people, his eyes got all big and he said, "That was the most important thing I ever taught!" He then expressed curiosity at the etymological roots (ha ha) of the word "ginseng" and I said I could look it up for him in Chinese since I'm a linguist and all that (or, as Z says, a "linguician," i.e. linguist + magician), and he got all excited again and gave me his business card with his email address. Also apparently he was Harvard class of '70. Never would've guessed, somehow.
Wad and Nougat! Where are you guys?!
Labels: absent raccoon sisters, etymology, sushi, Z


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home