I don't need to fight to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.
A friend of mine is always telling me to write. Actually, there are a lot of people in my life that are always telling me I should write, especially my mother who may or may not genuinely consider me a failure if I don't ultimately produce the book I've been talking about/dreaming up for the past seven years. Anywhoooo...I think I'm actually going to start that up again. No more depressing forays into the poetic field, however. That's more like a minefield. Maybe I'll start wearing a beret and wander around carrying a journal, always scribbling down my crazy, shorthand notes - perhaps even doodling cover art for my great novels. I'm not sure why I even stopped writing in the first place. I guess maybe it was my conviction that I have no talent and could never make it as a writer, but aren't I the one who is always always always telling other people that you just never know what could happen? Sure, sometimes you think you know. Sometimes you just hope. But the whole point is to do what you love regardless of what you know, what you think you know, or what you only pray for. I like writing. (I prefer eating and sleeping, but there's just no way to make a career out of those two activities). So writing it is. Maybe one day I'll be in the New York Times Book Review. :drools: Oh, me and my foolish dreams. I think all my life I've either had my nose buried in a book or my head way up in the clouds. But whatev! Reality blows, and I'm going to make my own world. Invitations will be sent in the mail to the select few - the ones I just can't bear to live without.


1 Comments:
"Baba O'Riley" quote in title worth 500 points~!
-szs
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home