Tuesday, December 26, 2006

All I want is a room somewhere

I guess since today is Tuesday (Christmas is over boohoo) then this actually happened yesterday.

I was sitting at a table in the corner of my aunt's living room talking to my grandfather. He looked up at my grandmother, in the opposite corner of the room. Then he said to me, without taking his eyes off her, "Look at her. My sweetheart." And I wanted to cry. Then she came over and he asked, "Mami, did you make the coffee yet?" And she answered, "No, Linda's making it now." (Linda is my aunt...actual name being Georgina, after her mother.) It was just such a lovely moment. When I'm 72 and my husband is 80 -- or whatever our respective ages will be -- I want him to look at me and refer to me as his sweetheart to our granddaughter. So then she'll go home and fantasize about what wonderful man she'll one day meet who will look at her that way. That's all I want.

On a more general note, my immediate family and I spent Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family and Christmas Day with my dad's side of the family. I <3 relatives! Christmas was so great.

Also...Katie, Alexis and I performed during mass on Christmas Eve which was nice. We were a huge success. And I felt good about myself. Silly, maybe. But it meant a lot.

AND! We now have a shower radio/CD player for our bathroom, ladies of 422. I hope no one has any objections to this, because I'm beyond excited about it.

End of transmission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home