I carry your heart with me
There is a boy so crazy over me that he willingly subjects himself to my textual prodding and flirting without any real hope of seeing me again. He endures the ridicule of his friends, suffers intense jealousy when I rant about certain subjects, and even wishes I would be creeped out by him so he could disengage himself and write me off as a lost cause.
There is a boy who has listened to me so well and for so long, and suddenly I cannot reach him. Stupidly but predictably, I didn't realize how important he was and how special he was until he was out of my reach. He told me that our paths would cross again someday, and I know they will.
There is a boy who is probably trying very hard to hate me, and maybe even thinks he does hate me. He wants to cut me out of his life forever, and thinks I want to do the same where he is concerned. I can only trust that he'll remember that deep, abiding love we shared and how it inextricably binds us together, even now. I can't help him this time, and it hurts.
I can't help any of them. But I think they'd want me first to help myself. I wish I could see them. That's what parallel universes are for, I guess.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home