Friday, May 12, 2006

"There is no try. Do or do not."

Today Carbs beat me (as she always does) at her sick game in which men have stakes through their sides. Now, if we think back to Star Wars, we can see the astonishing similiarities. Much like Luke in Episode V (The Empire Strike Back) I am rushing off to fight my opponent when I have not completed my training. The Force is strong with me, but I am not a Jedi yet. So I arrive at Cloud City (here known as Loker) and face off with Darth Vader (a.k.a. Carbs). Darth Vader thinks it will be all too easy to capture me and encase me in carbonite so he can take me to the Emperor and turn me to the dark side, thus making me into a powerful ally (although in one of the prequels we learn that there are only supposed to be two sith at a time: a master and apprentice. But never mind that). But he has underestimated my skill and my connection to the Force. "Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me. " But hatred leads to the dark side, and I won't turn. So Darth Vader cuts my hand off, tells me he's my father and then I jump into nothingness, winding up in a most precarious spot beneath the city. In other words, Carbs kicked my ass in foosball even after a drastic, wholly unexpected comeback.

And I'm the hugest geek ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home